Sunday, February 21, 2010

Running on empty

Chers mes colleagues,

Every morning I try to get up and go for a run. We live in a mazed community of sorts. I think it deters crime because I've been jogging for a couple weeks now and I still get lost. I can't imagine a thief navigating it at night. Most days I run for 20 minutes in a daze, still trying to wake up. Then, I stop to catch my breath and realize I have no idea how to get back to the office.

I've been in Haiti 6 weeks now and have to admit I'm pretty much near burnout. The only team member who arrived before me left today. I cannot contribute much to discussions--my brain is fried. The good news is that I get 4 days off at the end of next week. So, I'll hop over to Santo Domingo, check into a hotel and try my best to do absolutely nothing.

I've been wanting to post something for a week now, but can't seem to follow through. So, I have a request. Would you please send me a question or comment? Ask or say whatever you want regarding Haiti, the emergency response, aidwork, or things along those lines, and I'll do my best to respond it as honestly as possible. I'll keep your questions and comments anonymous, so you don't have to worry.

My email address is joelkaiser.haiti@gmail.com.

Thanks...

PS - A few people have already written to me. People I've not met before. I apologize profusely for not replying. In fact, I was searching for those emails this morning and didn't find them. Please do write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment